Friday, January 4, 2008

Things to do This year

Happy new year everyone!!!
I wish all of us a safe, happy, healthy new year!
Am repitititing myself.
Oops! No I am not drunk, coz when I am drunk I laugh hysterically, and never repeat stuff that I say.

I have never made any new year resolutions. Not that I am against the concept, it's just that you can't improvise on perfection (am being sarcastic 'course!). Come to think of it, I don't smoke, I don't drink (I drink socially so that doesn't count really), I don't do drugs, I am a safe driver, I listen to my mom, I listen to my boyfriend, am a good girl - with a halo on my head. And yet am so modest ;)
Anyway, though I don't have a list of resolutions, I sure have a list of what I am gonna do this year. I don't promise coz I hate breaking promises. Here it goes :

Am gonna...

1. Post stuff on my blog at least once a week, if not less. I can't afford to disappoint my fans and readers and that's shameek, piercingveil, an occasional Pranay and shameek. heh.

2. Help my mom with her business :) who knows prolly she considers herself lucky tat am not helping in any way :D

3. Be a regular at aerobics and enrol myself at music classes. I wanna learn strumming the guitar.

4. Stop fighting with dad.

5. Learn the art of patience. Yes, it's an art for me, make that modern art.

6. Start respecting elders inspite of what they say, and what their opinions are. Basically learn the art of questioning people's opinions in a respectful manner.

7. Stop being agony aunt, and giving unsolicited advice. It can get you into deep shit at times.

8. Start a skin-care routine, and give up my unhealthy junk food habits. No wonder they call it "junk".

9. Jog on the days that am not attending aerobics sessions.

10. Stop cribbing about the pot-holes (on the roads and in the system), the politicians, the poverty that plagues my country. Instead I AM gonna do something about it.

11. My first step to the above would be ... am yet to think of this one.,hey I have at least started thinking, what are you doing?

12. Increase my intake of water from 2 to at least 8 glasses per day if not more.

13. Start net-working, and net-working doesn't include orkutting.

14. Stop carrying emotional/material baggages. Give away old clothes to the needy. Stop collecting stuff that's gonna do me no good.

15. Remember birthdays!! Am so so bad.

16. Stop voting for wannabes on reality shows. They all suck just the same.

17. How-much-ever I dislike certain people, am gonna wish well for them and be happy in their happiness. I have started believing that whatever energy I emit in this universe, positive in my case, it lingers on in the form of cosmic energy and stays. It can't be destroyed. I don't know how much of this is scientific, but to me at some level, it makes a lot of sense. I am yet to explore that level of mine, but all I know is that it does.

18. Bring some more potted plants in the house, they add to the positivity around.

19. Indulge in any one of my fav desserts ( dutch truffle-sinfulllll!/chocolate mousse/apple pie/choco-chips with vanilla ice-cream/gold medal ribbon with exxxtra chocolate sauce etc etc - I shall post on this some other time ) at least once a week.

20. Man I wanted to learn yoga too! So much to do so little time. Yoga can wait until next year :)

21. Cut-down on my shopping sprees and stop putting my hard-earned money down the drain. On second thoughts, wat the hell, I've got one life to love- let's cancel this one God, pretty polly please :)

22. Start expressing a lot more than what I do to my loved ones. This should have gotten the top priority. Guess it didn;t occur to me earlier coz guess am pretty much decent at expressing myself, but I think am more like a guy when it comes to expressing. I don't go all sweety-mushy-cuddly. Oh sometimes I do but guess it isn;t enough to express the ocean of love I have for my loved ones.

GTG! To be continued...

woa! ok 23rd is imperative at this stage - Stop publishing loong posts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi elusive,
I'm here to thank you all the efforts to cheer me up at that tough moment i'm passing through..I've thought the same way as you, thinking that is good to love,even if love's not reciprocated..I've writen at robyn's blog some further information about my situation, if you want,please stop by and take a peek..
All the best,
Ludmila.

I am said...

ha ha too many to remember...

came here from Piercing veil..

my only resolution - NO RESOLUTION For this year :)

Anonymous said...

hey dear..... lol i dono portuguese.... just used language tools on google... :)
yeah iam happy nowadays... it feels so much better.... right now very disappointed with my weight prob... have to do something abt it.... guess tats my agenda tis year!!! lets see how much il suceed :)
anyways u take care have fun :)

Suzanne said...

My dearest friends are here and that matters to me. I means I did something right. Love you. Suzanne