Saturday, March 1, 2008

Weekend Blast

And I didn't click any good pictures, what a bummer! But that's besides the point. I had a blast! D is back in India and did I mention? N got himself a job here in bombay! Yoohoo!
I was as usual lazying around reading one of the many books that I recently bought. Oh yes, I splurged on books a few days back. Better than splurging on clothes anyday! But hey they aren't any self-improvement/knowledge imparting type books! I got 2 P.G. Wodehouses, 2 R.K. Narayans, 1 robin cook, 2 garfields and 1 calvin and hobbes a compilation of sorts) :)
*BEEP BEEP* - Digression!!

So basically as I was killing my time, D called me up. We planned to meet up at Pop Tates - our mutual favorite. I picked up sushi from her place and off we went. Had some jalapeno stuffed capsicum with cheese, spanish potatoes, black widow and I had my fav long island ice tea. We talked and laughed, giggled away remembering the good old days. Talked of boys and relationships (wat do u expect a bunch of gals to talk about>) and ofcourse D's impending marriage! She gets married in the month of July, am so so looking forward to it! The first marriage in the gang. I wish she had it in Kerala - D is basically form kerala - I simply love that place and their food.

So as we were having our usual girl talk, we realise a guy comes up to our table and we all look up at him and am like all WOA!! It was N!!..carrying his office bag in one hand and his helmet in the other..looking all messy and sweaty, which was really endearing..It's not at all in his nature to drop surprises so it really made me so so so happy. N got along pretty much well with D and Sushi so I didnt have to do much breaking-the-ice there. Later A joined us too and we had yum strawberries with whipped cream. It was a blast alright considering that my social life sucks these days.

Ok no pictures but hey I've been trying out stuff on adobe fotoshop so here are my 2 creations..any comments, tips are heartily welcome. An amateur like me really needs those. And am surprisingly not being fickle with this photography obsession so looks like I shall be doing a lot of clicking for at least some time to come.

Here goes :

A Bangles' shop



Another one...

Peeping Toms ;)

Tomorrow I go shopping with N... it's gonna be roadside shopping for books. I love shopping on the pavements for books, as you get books for real cheap and the bargaining part is sure some fun.

Tip of the day : Do not paint you nails just before you leave for a party (yea that's obvious for most girls but the tip goes for all the clmusy girls like me). FOOOO your nails all you might, wave them in the air frantically so as to have 'em dried they always manage to fool you. It might look as if the nails have dried but you shall smudge them bad and it's a surety. Its like another validation of Murphys law. It has to go bad. And I had my nails look like claws dug into somehting red. EEEswwww.

8 comments:

That was it... said...

Yo babe..I like both the pictures...somehow they don't look very clear to me but the way they have been taken are good. :-)
And of nails and nailpaints..ask me...how I tend to mess up all the time. Lolz..and by the way, happy book shopping..another passion that we share...

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

great pictures thr!!
n seems like u had a gr8 day!

crasiezt said...

Hahaha Miss clumsy, welcome to the club of the NAIL POLISH SMUDGERS:D

Nice pictures, great description of the stuff you tucked into (am on the verge of drooling all over the keyboard)...amusing!!

Satanic Angel said...

@tatwasit ~ yeah i guess i edited 'em way too much..and u could also blame my dumb camera for it..and also my not so good fotography skills :D

@gunj ~ yeaa i did :)

@crasiezt ~ i know i do tat as i re-read my post..heh.

bindhiya said...

Dear Elusive,
Nice Photos...did you combine B&W and color in photo shop?
seems like you had good day!
take care
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

Satanic Angel said...

Bindhiya ~ yep, fotoshop. Am still learning, there's lots u can do on it.

dRoZzY!!! said...

peeping toms.. good
bangle uncle... not so good

but eventually fotuz are fotuz!
you are fro bombay... i had the most dreadful 2 weeks in bombay in august of '06. it was a new job with a top notch investment bank in hiranandani!
the mere sight of the BAYER building makes me puke. i had never been so sad. made friends with the gay bartender of a good hotel in powai... leched on a girl from hyderabad who was staying in the room next to mine. i was addressed as the 'murgi' by my property dealer. all that i ate was crazy chicken curry @ galleria. all that i did was swim for fun. i remember staying underwater for under a minute. i think i was trying to drown myself.

its a beautiful place... i wish i had my bumchum chaddy buddiez there with me!

Satanic Angel said...

hey thnks for the foto feedback :)

Powai happens to be for some reason, a place I frequent a lot! Well we are talking 2006, so guess it musta been bad back then, but nw they have some cool places to hang out at. Gay bartender!!Yeah a few chuddy-buds wuda dun u some good!
murgi? Wow, how 'chick'!