I sure as hell know what I want from life.
OK, I typed the above line after having thought about it atleast a million times on many occasions.
I am tired of searching for answers to questions like "what's my purpose in life?" Now I know there is NO purpose. I have been blessed with the gift of life, and all am expected of is to be happy. And spread some happiness.
(A picture I simply love from Prashant's collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/prashantbhardwaj_ut/ )
What's happiness? It's relative, it's subjective.
For an ambitious person, being promoted is happiness.
For someone greedy, a jackpot is happiness.
For an actor, an applause is happiness.
For a businessman, high scaling profits is happiness.
For lovers, holding hands is happiness.
For beggars, a penny a day is happiness.
For a millionaire, turning into a zillionaire is happiness.
For a prostitute, a client that wears a condom without any bickerings is happiness.
For a child on the streets, a slice of bread is happiness.
For a cancer patient, being able to breathe is happiness.
For Sushi, watching television is happiness =)
For insomniacs, one whole night of peaceful sleep is happiness.
For a boxer, the absence of fractured limbs is happiness.
For Tom, chasing Jerry is happiness.
For a lovelorn couple in a LDR, coughing up all the dough on phone bills is happiness.
For a diabetic guy, not having a cut/wound anywhere on the body is happiness.
For India, a day without political dramatics is happiness.
For America, a day without campus shootings is happiness.
For Iraq a day without bombings is happiness.
For Dubai, a shopping festival is happiness!
For an old woman dying in her bed, having her husband and kids along her bedside is happiness.
For a woman, being free-spirited is happiness.
For a girl child in Haryana, survival is happiness.
For a martyr, the picture of his daughter in his wallet is happiness.
For a daughter, weaving a shawl for her mother is happiness.
And for all of humanity, world-peace is happiness.
This is all there is to life. Pursuing happiness. Keep it simple, and happy you shall be. It's the small things in life that matter and make life special. The things that all of us rats run behind (including me, am the Jerry of all rats!) are jus good-for-nothing-frills.
God meant us to be monkeys and a monkey I shall be =)
21 comments:
...I like the fact that you know what you want from life - that's one step done already..:-)
...and happiness is in everything around us...only the perspective needs to be right...am so glad you understand that simpler things in life are happiest...God bless!
For lovers, holding hands is happyness? hmm ! isn't there more to it?
Good post ! Although didn't get the God meant us to be monkey's part ! :D
Oh I loved the ending, lot of monkey things happening around lately ! LOL
And how sad it is to know that there are so many ways to become happy yet not many are !
@that was it~ yea a baby step but a step nonetheless =)
@'grey'~ God meant us to be monkeys - hyper evolution wasn't on his agenda.
@gonecase~ i agree..
came here through thatwasit. posted something similar on my blog a while back. Me feels that the pursuit of hapiness as a concept is more driving than hapiness itself.
happiness is immesurable and could be found any where and could be defined in mny ways....
good weekend elu
A bow from one monkey to another:-)
@mindinmaze ~ thanks for stopping by =) i can't visit your blog though :s
@piercing ~ have a Happy Sunday =)
@crasiezt ~ :D
neat post!
but the head of the jerry in me goes for a spin when i am running!
but nice.
:)
i am w8ing for the post u promised on a comment on my blog!
Hey liked ur blog....random musings so similar to mine.
Beautiful post !!!!
Loved it....
and thanks for having my picture here... I am glad it fits in somewhere in the persuit :)
gimme your email address. Will add it to the list.
"It's the small things in life that matter and make life special" ... loved it.. :)
this is wht i alwaz tell to ppl.. small things, matters the most.. atleast to me...
great one!!!!
-R
another visitor
@abhishek ~ yup it's comin up soon =)
@mez ~ thanku =)
@om ~ the picture says it all! thanks =)
@R ~ thanks for visiting =)
@mindinmaze ~ elusivevisule@gmail.com
i liked the ending the best .. seems you are a monkey after my own heart .. :)
great post..!
Nice post . Was looking for my name and how do I find my happiness . But didnt find my name .Let me know if u know or find it anywhere
@redemption ~ thanku. do visit again!
@badshah ~ thanks..didn;t quite get yu..
Oye I blogrolled you:-)
@crasiezt ~ ditto =)
well I had seen a few names or countries or a sect and their happiness but cudnt find my name in that table...I hope u get this,,,,this time
@khan ~ yea gotit this time..continue with Your pursuit and am sure ur name will feature in the list soon.
Post a Comment