Inspite of being a part of this place for the past 24 years I never looked at it before the way I do now. Guess that's what happens when you try to capture it's beauty on celluloid. Or say a digital camera. Or say a brand new DSC-H9, 8.1 megapixal, 15x sony cybershot! Yay, ya got it right thats wot mah new baby looks like. And the best part is it's a gift frm dad :)
So basically I've been carryin this baby around, the way a 5 yr old wud cling to her barbie doll, and all my fav ppl (sushi n ) have to bear the brunt of it, and be patient of the numerous pitt stops I take for my shots. Mwah to u guys, I mean ok yu needta pay the price to be MY fav right >:)
South Bombay has a nice victorian architecture and you needta take a walk along it's pavements on a nice Sunday afternoon to experience it in it's purest form. Coz that's when it's the least crowded. Also thanks to BMC (Bombay Muncipal Corporation) it's real clean (most times) inspite of the educated ppl working in big MNCs littering around. BMC has it's headquarters here, and it's bldg u see in the pic below is opposite the station. Wish we had their headquarters everywhere, if that's what it takes to keep rest of the city as clean.
Also on weekends you can find booksellers along the pavements, selling books for real cheap. Everthing except for calvin&hobbes is cheap here :(
And you can also find some indulging in afternoon siestas. We have one such specimen below. Aah how I envy him.
I think I saw it reading Garfield's guide to cat-napping
I bought an R.K. Narayan - Ramayan and Mahabharat in his words - which is pretty much interesting as my knowledge on mythology pretty much sucks. So it's informative plus it's R.K. Narayan so it's real entertaining. Need I mention I got it for 200 bucks as against the market price of 500 >:) N got some weird books I dont remember the names of. He usually buys award winning stuff and as far as my experience goes, the books that win prizes usually are the biggest suckers. God of Small Things was a disaster for me, which won the Pulitzer? The Booker? who cares!
Some more pics -And my baby zOOmed!
So that's that. My Sunday date with Bombay and N. Ya a nice threesome =)
25 comments:
nice post...i like the city...VT is such an awesome station...nice pics :)
beautiful pics, nice travel photography. :) books and books...love em all. and share your sentiment on the 'award' winners. :)
hey u have a nice blod..
good work
Mumbai never looked so good! I have always hated the city whenever I've visited, but these pictures have made me rethink about my opinion on it. :)
Congratulations on receiving a new digicam!
@The new post: Rich? Big fat bank balance? Only daughter?
Will you marry me? ;D
maverick ~ yea the city sure rocks :) thanks for visiting.
ghost particle ~ thanks ya..i know, award winners shud be actually an indication of wot u ought not to read..thanks for visiting :)
nirmal ~ thank u
ankur ~ the city is nice ya..tho am sorry for ur bad time here.. guess u dint have any good company :p
marriage to a rich spoilt brat! soch le :p
good pics babes...
Haha...maybe! So that gives me another reason to persist on the marriage proposal! ;-)
And "rich" is the keyword, nothing else matters! Soch liya, kubool hai! :D
very nice post....
anvita n prashant ~ thankz a lot :)
ankur ~ soch liya!? u sure r impulsive like me :p ya tat wud be nice na..gettin married on an impulse..n hey tat wud save a lotta money too ;)
Sexy Pics!
So is that a yes? ;-)
And money shouldn't be an issue, rich girl! :D
rohit ~ thanks :)
ankur ~ but then r u ready for the juggling? in the locals ya wat did u think :P
lovely post and even lovelier pics
keep clicking!
I thought your rich dad would give us a big car! Your daddy's biiiiiig car! :D
@reeta ~ thanku :)
@ankur ~ :p no re i never get any car war :( and anyway he;s got a sedan n i hate all sedans not my type..i love SUVs..n i dont have the money to buy a cell phone forget an SUV :p
Shaadi pe to de hi denge, kis baat ke rich hain! I don't think you're interested. In case you still are, I don't mind SUVs too. :)
ankur ~ heheh..thik hai u get me an suv n i shall get u a rich pop-in-law..sounds good to me..n hey a humvee wud make it a happily ever after thing :p
The rich would be pop-in-law will be giving us the SUV or whatever you may desire! That was the basis of my proposal! You're getting it all wrong in your head!
oh yaaaa..i got all excited at the prospect of marrying YOU so u know i messed it up n lost the thread :p
:|
Let's call it off!
mumbai rocks!!!!!!
enigma ~ yu bet!
Post a Comment