I am a nocturnal creature. I am most active after the sun sets. I hate sleeping early. Am trying to change this habit of mine coz first it's not healthy and second it sometimes gets balefully murky, or pensive is more like it.
This wasn't so when I was younger. I used to watch some t.v., make myself some hot coffee, and sit down with a book. I still do that, but my mind wanders to all the sadness around, I think of things that are all negative, sometimes I weep, weep about things that affect me in the least direct way. I watch some news telecast of a bomb blast happening somewhere far off, and I can't help but weep. I mean it is definately saddening, but no one who I know of cries over it! Sometimes there is nothing to trigger the tear gland, I mean nothing tangible, still I cry. I watch an ad made by some children's welfare, non-profit organisation and there I go! I get these bouts of sadness only in the nights. It's so unlike me. I mean as I write about this, it all just doesn't make any sense to me. I know of myself as a strong person, who can fight all odds, who can come out of any tough situation when confronted with. In fact I am known to be someone who is always talking, laughing and all that amongst my friends. I never cry if the protagonist/hero of some love story in a movie or a novel dies. I am not a sentimental fool! That's just not me!
The next morning I wake up, and am back to being my chirpy self. I think about the previous night and hate the puffy eyes and wonder what really went wrong. As I write this I try to analyse the flow of my thoughts in an objective manner. If a psychiatrist reads this please see me! I probably need your consultation!
11 comments:
who ARE you?
maybe you live in the day, and someone else lives during the night. someone who vaguely resembles the physical aspects of you. But is in no way related to the conscious rememberance of your true self.
Caffeine aint a patch on what YOU're smoking. [:D]
utekkare,
pranay
I m a nonctural creaure too as a matter of fact while I am readng your post it is already 3:36 am...
...well it but normal to grief for the wounds of this earth...
but you have to focus also with your own wounds (subconscious ones)...if you can pin point what are these then maybe you can understand why you are feeling all these melanchony...well good morning
Good God!!! As an "almost" shrink I am surprised that you think there has to be a reason for everything. If you cry enough your tear ducts secrete enough saline fluids to clear your cornea/ iris ( not really good at physiology erm... is it biology!!!) and your eyes function better. Perhaps enhanced vision is the reason for your perkiness in the mornings. Definitely why I feel better every morning! Or as a philosopher would say " You see the world anew!!"
Enjoy!
hey piercing..naw am not melancholic!
hey shaman..watsup.
seeing the world anew!that's what it is..where does one reply to these comments? I have hardly recieved any comments ever! So is there some rule or something, shrink?
hey,
if you subscribed to my blog googlegroup, maybe you'd know i posted a new one yesterday...
yes yes, i'm getting more prolific.
utekkare,
pranay
hello...i m back...good to hear you are not in such a melancholy now. If you want to be in touch with me then click my name ...the one in blue letters on my comment spelled PIERCING THE VEIL...then this will lead yout to my blog on it there are blog post which you can comment of on the bottom of my blog there is a message board...in there we can talk.or you can just go to my url http://roantola.blogspot.com/ ..well see you
Hey elusive,
You reply to comments right here!! To the ones you want to.. no rules. Hey! you can even delete the ones that make you want to rethink putting words on a public forum (I do it alll the time!)
By the way its almost shrink, current corporate tootsie!
I'm not nocturnal. I love greeting each new day. Unlike Piercing the Veil, I believe grieving for the wounds of the earth is NORMAL. Saying it isn't, is an insult to all of us who do (no offense, we all have our opinions).
You weep because you feel something many people don't. You are very special. Embrace and enjoy it. It's what makes you unique and what drew you to my blog and me to you. I love that. We each have a beautiful and unique soul. Once in a while we find someone with qualities we admire and it is a gift to ourselves. I've learned not to question when something doesn't make sense because it will be revealed. Eventually.
I think above all the laughter, sarcasm, and brilliance there is a very sensitive soul and she is you. I'm looking forward to years of finding out who "you" are and the journey you take. I think it will be very, very interesting!!! And very funny!
So many of my friends are engineers and I can't recall one who has ever said "I LOVE ENGINEERING!!!" You made me laugh so hard. I'm going to direct all my engineering friends to your blog.
Thanks for your message on my blog. You're a sweetie.
XO Suzanne
Suzanne,thanks for all the kind words. At least someone thinks I have my sanity intact! And hey you are a very sweet woman :)
Post a Comment